Care for Your Skin with Selective Eating Habits
Different types of diet are a new fad for staying in shape. Everywhere on the internet, there are documentaries, short videos, YouTube channels of fitness trainers, and Instagram influencer’s post promoting the latest diets of celeb which they are following. Many diets work and people stick to them as they keep them fit, render various skin benefits, and keep their health issues at bay.
One such diet is Dr. Sebi’s diet known as the alkaline diet which renders numerous benefits to the followers.
Even Google search supports me! It was the second most searched diet on Google for 2019.
I have been a vegan for the past five years and have never regretted my decision.
Explore Dr. Sebi’s Suggestions More Reading Ahead
Dr. Sebi’s diet helps make the body free from several diseases just by changing your lifestyle and eating habits. Couple your daily routine with the proper exercising regime and you may quit western medications for various petty as well as life-threatening diseases easily.
Dr. Sebi focused on eating plant-based food and eliminated processed food altogether from his diet. This diet reduces the risk of diseases and aims at detoxifying the body reducing certain foods and avoiding others that lead to mucus and acidity formation.
Sebi in his recommended diet claims that disease is a result of mucus and acidity in the body. Also, he insisted that diseases cannot exist in an alkaline environment. After years of experience and researches, he came up with his diet plan which has to be followed very strictly and is backed up with expensive supplements. According to him, his diet would detoxify the body of disease and restore alkalinity, which doesn’t allow diseases to survive or originate in the body.
Dr. Sebi’s Diet’s Health Benefits
To make his diet successful he offers some African bio-mineral balance supplements which are to be consumed with his diet and that leads to various health benefits out of which skin nourishment is quite prominent.
Consuming various naturally available fruits, vegetables, natural oils, herbal teas, natural sweetness, spices, and grains not only helps weight loss, controls appetite, alters the micro-biome of the body but also reduces the risk of various diseases.
The diet restricts animal products of any kind, and overall focuses on vegan eating, but with much stricter rules. For instance, his diet suggests seedless fruits and only permits his approved list of “natural growing grains.”
Additionally, his diet strictly eliminated processed food or dairy products from the diet because it has been scientifically proven in the studies from 2017 that reducing the intake of processed food improves the nutritional quality of the general diet.
Skin Benefits of Dr. Seb’s Diet
As the diet recommended by Dr. Sebi is primarily consisting of raw, unprocessed, and fat-free food, following the diet helps immensely toward skin health. Your skin gets rejuvenated, restores, and repairs itself from free radicals attack. Your skin supplied with the vital nutrients following this diet that helps to keep it soft, supple, and blemish-free. Your skin stays more hydrated and flawless without the usage of any skin creams that have chemicals that acts as bleach for your skin.
Many times, skin aging sped up by overexposure to the sun and tanning beds, strong soaps, chemicals, and poor nutrition. With the holistic approach, Dr. Sebi suggested, anyone, can treat their skin kindly focusing on consuming a nutrition-rich diet daily forever. His diet ensures you consume antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables, healthy fats from nuts, and a highly balanced diet. The diet he recommended focused on optimal levels of the nutrients via natural products that are must-haves for radiant skin, including beta carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc, and selenium.
Things recommended in Dr. Sebi’s nutritional guide that are very beneficial for overall health (needless to mention the gut health and skincare separately) are as follows:-
- Vegetables: Amaranth greens, avocado, bell peppers, chayote, cucumber, dandelion greens, garbanzo beans, izote, kale, lettuce (all except Iceberg), mushrooms (all except shiitake), nopales, okra, olives, onions, sea vegetables, squash, tomato (cherry and plum only), tomatillo, turnip greens, zucchini, watercress, purslane, wild arugula
- Fruits: Apples, bananas, berries (all varieties, no cranberries), elderberries, cantaloupe, cherries, currants, dates, figs, grapes (seeded), limes, mango, melons (seeded), oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pears, prunes, raisins (seeded), soft jelly coconuts, soursops, tamarind
- Natural Herbal Teas: Burdock, chamomile, elderberry, fennel, ginger, raspberry, tila
- Grains: Amaranth, fonio, kamut, quinoa, rye, spelt, tef, wild rice
- Nuts and Seeds: Hemp seeds, raw sesame seeds, raw sesame “tahini” butter, walnuts, brazil nuts
- Oils: Olive oil (do not cook), coconut oil (do not cook), grape-seed oil, sesame oil, hempseed oil, avocado oil
- Seasonings and Spices: Basil, bay leaf, cloves, dill, oregano, savory, sweet basil, tarragon, thyme, achiote, cayenne, onion powder, habanero, sage, pure sea salt, powdered granulated seaweed, pure agave syrup, date sugar.
Each recommendation of Dr. Sebi has its benefits in terms of vital nutrients it is enriched with (keeping reading other newsletters for more details on each suggestion Dr. Sebi made). But there are certain rules to be followed to benefits from his recommendations.
The Rule Book Consists Of the Following Terms:-
- Restrict your intake to Sebi’s Nutritional Guide only
- Drink at least one gallon of natural spring water daily
- All animal products are prohibited, including dairy, fish, and “hybrid” foods
- Alcohol is banned
- Sebi’s products must be taken one hour before pharmaceuticals
- You must avoid wheat and only consume the “natural-growing grains” listed in Sebi’s guide
- No canned or seedless fruits are allowed
- Microwaves are must-avoid
Since Dr. Sebi’s diet is very strict and restrictive, it is in vogue with few moderations so that followers have both the hands full.