Spice up Your Food and Life with Dr. Sebi’s List of Flavors
Spices not only make food delicious but also render many health benefits. Spicy foods keep your heart healthy. These flavors have proven to be promoting weight loss and kick start your metabolism.
Obesity is a disease that gives rise to other diseases such as type2 diabetes, high blood pressure, hardening or narrowing of arteries, etc. Various components present in spices play a very crucial role in boosting your metabolism, burn more calories while you rest or exercise and leads to weight loss more easily. Sometimes spicy foods act as an effective pain reliever and improve your gut health.
Let Us Study The Benefits Of Various Flavors Suggested in Dr. Sebi’s Alkaline Diet:-
1) Health benefits of Oregano include rich in antioxidants, has potent antibacterial properties, enriched with anti-cancer compounds, reduce viral infection and inflammation, can be easily added to the diet in varieties of recipes in a fresh, dried or oil form.
2) Benefits of basil leaves are a lot as it is one of the oldest herbs known to mankind. Besides used in culinary preparation, it helps in digestion, has anti-inflammatory properties, fights free radical activities, has skin benefits, fights depression, helps in diabetes management, support liver function, detoxifies the body, promotes a healthy gut and heals upset tummy.
3) Cloves are best known for their sweet and aromatic flavor. Its benefit include high in antioxidants content, protect against cancer, kill bacteria, improves liver health, regulates blood sugar, promotes bone health and reduces stomach ulcers.
4) Bay leaves are very beneficial as it is a very rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Consuming it regularly promotes general health. It is beneficial for the treatment of migraine. Bay leaves contain enzymes that break down protein, digest food faster and calm indigestion issues.
5) Dill weeds boost nutrition and wellness. It is packed with micronutrients like vitamin A, vitamins, folate, and calcium for healthy bones, riboflavin for cell function and development, fiber, magnesium, and iron that provides health benefits in conditions like loss of appetite. Kidney disease, fever and cold, cough, bronchitis, spasms, renal colic genital ulcers insomnia and other sleep disorders, etc.
6) Sweet basil is widely used for cooking. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and a range of antioxidants. Its essential oils have many medicinal benefits such as the treatment of snake bites, cold, and inflammation. It is rich in calcium and vitamin k which makes it a good antioxidant. It helps to reduce oxidative stress, supports liver health, helps fight cancer, protects against skin aging, reduces high blood sugar, supports cardiovascular health, boosts mental health, and reduces inflammation and swelling, and combat infection.
7) Achiote helps treat burns, vaginal infection and to repel insects. In food, it is used as a coloring agent. Additionally, it helps treat diabetes, diarrhea, fever, fluid retention, heartburn, malaria, and hepatitis. It can be used as an antioxidant and bowel cleanser.
8) Cayenne Pepper besides being great for cooking has several health benefits. It act as an antioxidant, boosts metabolism, reduces hunger attacks, lowers blood pressure, aids digestive health, relieves pain, improves psoriasis and reduce cancer risk.
9) Habanero has multiple health benefits such as lowers cholesterol, reduces blood pressure, fights weight gain, and cancer prevention.
10) Tarragon helps decrease blood sugar by improving insulin sensitivity, improves sleep and regulates sleep patterns, increases appetite by reducing leptin levels, relief pain in health issues like osteoarthritis, antibacterial properties and prevents food borne illness.
11) Fresh or powdered onion can be used for treating ailments like headaches, heart disease, and mouth sores. It is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial in treating diseases like cancer and diabetes.
Powdered onion has cancer-fighting compounds, controls blood sugar, boosts bone density and its antibacterial properties inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. Additionally, it boosts digestive health.
12) Pure sea salt has important functions in the body such as help in hydration, controls blood pressure, beneficial for fluid balance, and helps in digestion, decreases skin dryness and inflammation.
13) Thyme is an herb from the mint family which has medicinal quality such as help in treating acne, controls high blood pressure, helps in cough control, boosts immunity, acts as a disinfectant and boosts your mood.
14) Sage with a strong aroma and earthy flavor has a variety of important nutrients that can be used as natural cleaning agents and pesticides. It is loaded with antioxidants, supports oral health, reduces menopause symptoms, reduces blood sugar level, supports memory and brain health, lowers bad cholesterol and protects against certain cancers.
15) Powdered Granulated Seaweed
Seaweed grown along rocky shorelines is eaten for their nutritive value such as iodine and thyroxine which supports thyroid functions. These are good sources of vitamins and minerals enriched with antioxidants provide fiber and polysaccharides that support gut health, help in losing weight by delaying hunger, reduces heart disease and reduces type 2 diabetes risk.
16) Agave syrup has a list of health benefits such as used for dressing of wounds, acts as a balm from a skin infection, effective against enteric (intestinal) bacteria, has anti-inflammatory properties and antimicrobial effects. It has a low glycemic index which means it avoids insulin rush. Decreasing appetite, Agave syrup helps reduce weight.
17) Date Sugar is full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. As it is made up of unrefined fruit, Date sugar acts as a natural sweetener in recipes. Additionally, it helps treat constipation, cancer, and diabetes.
There exist numerous delicious herbs and spices which besides having culinary usage has health benefits and medicinal properties. The above-listed flavors are prescribed in Dr. Sebi’s diet that would help to keep body alkaline.