Tantalizing Teas That Have Health Benefits Too
Herbal teas have found to be greatly beneficial for health as these are enriched with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and many other essential components. These teas can be a great alternative to your daily sugary and caffeinated beverages. Available in great taste, natural teas enhance immunity and energizes for the day. Herbal tea need not necessarily be made from tea plant alone. Rather, they can be made by steeping herbs, roots, flowers of the plants with medicinal values. Every drink has taste and benefits ranging from treating cold to relieving stress or anti-aging properties. Some herbal teas improve digestion while others boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and relieve anxiety, lower blood pressure, renders skin benefits and more.
In this article, some health benefits of herbal teas prescribed in Dr. Sebi’s alkaline diet which aims at making the body alkaline for lifelong and completely giving western medication theory has been evaluated.
Known as a healing agent, it boosts immunity as it is inclusive of vitamin B, vitamin B6, and vitamin E.
Packed with antioxidants it helps tame inflammation, reduces stress and protects the heart against various risks. It is also known to prevent the common cold and flu symptoms. Other ailments were treatment with elderberry proves beneficial are:-
- Kidney disease
- Minor skin issues
- Joint and muscle pain
- Infection affecting breath
- HIV and AIDS
2) Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is known to render a wide range of health benefits in conditions like cancer and diabetes. It contains chemicals called flavonoids, which are a type of nutrients present in many plants and play a significant role in the medicinal effect of the plant. Benefits of chamomile tea include:-
- Reduction of menstrual pain
- Treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level
- Slowing or preventing Osteoporosis
- Reduces inflammation
- Treat cancer and helps in its prevention
- Helps in sleep and relaxation by reducing anxiety
- Treats cold symptoms
- Helpful in treating mild skin conditions
Enriched with a liquorice-like flavor and various health benefits, fennel tea is popular all over the world. It is enriched with contents like Phosphorus, zinc, copper, magnesium selenium, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, choline, beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C and vitamin K. Fennel tea is a natural source of estrogen and renders the below listed health benefits:-
- Improve bone health
- Controls blood pressure
- Good for heart health
- Fight cancer via selenium present that decreases tumor growth rate and prevents inflammation
- As a powerful antioxidant, it prevents cells damage against free radicals
- Boost immunity
- Increases metabolism rate and helps in weight management
- Regulate and enhances digestion
- Increases iron absorption
- Estrogen in fennel tea regulates the female reproductive cycle
- Premenstrual syndrome effect can be reduced
- Vitamin C promotes the ability of collagen to smooth wrinkle
Tila tea can be created by flowers, tea or bark of the tree by boiling and steeping them for medicinal purposes. The tea has proven to be beneficial by:-
- Inducing sweat for feverish colds and infections
- Reduces nasal congestion
- Promotes relaxation
- Helps fight inflammation
- Reduces mild pain
- Have diuretic effects
- Improves sleep pattern
- Smoothens digestive tract
- Reliefs throat irritation, and cough
- Treat nervous palpitations and high blood pressure issues
Burdock root is a vegetable that has been used for its medicinal value for ages, mostly for having diuretic and digestive properties. Its benefits can be listed as below:-
- A powerhouse of antioxidants such as quercetin, luteolin, and phenolic acids, it prevents damage to free radicals
- Reduces inflammation
- Remove toxins from the blood
- Inhibit some types of Cancer
- Act as an aphrodisiac
- Treat skin issues
6) Ginger Tea
There are numerous benefits attached to the Ginger that fetched the title of the healthiest spice in the world, for the same. It is enriched with nutrients and bioactive compounds such as gingerol which is a substance with great medicinal properties. Some properties are as follows:-
- Helps to treat nausea especially morning sickness
- Reduces muscle pain and soreness
- Have anti-inflammatory effects which help with osteoarthritis
- Lowers blood sugar level and improves heart disease risk
- Treat chronic indigestion
- Reduces menstrual pain
- Lowers cholesterol level
- Help prevent cancer
- Improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease
- Has an active ingredient that helps fight infection
Available in black, purple, red and golden colors, Raspberry has a short shelf life.
- Antioxidants present in raspberry reduce disease risk including diabetes, heart diseases, and other illnesses.
- Enriched with high fiber and Tannin content, it is beneficial in controlling blood sugar level.
- A high level of antioxidants prevents cancer.
- Additionally, consuming raspberry tea is beneficial for improving arthritis conditions.
- Promotes weight loss
- Combat aging
Various other kinds of teas are available apart from the above-listed names such as Rooibos tea, peppermint tea, Echinacea tea, rosehip tea, etc. All of these species have their different health benefits such as treating headache, asthma or allergy and many more. Herbal teas are made from dried fruits, flowers, spices or herbs and hence are available in a variety of tastes and flavors.
Choose the one that appeals to you the most and enjoys health benefits too!